NEW OPTION FOR VOTING ON CONGREGATIONAL DECISIONS IN EXTRAORDINARY TIMES
Council has given Notice of Motion that, given the Covid-19 pandemic and public health orders prohibiting gatherings, the congregation is being asked to approve use of a written, secret ballot to make congregational decisions.
Voting members should receive the information package and ballot by hand delivery or in the mail by May 20, 2020.
Please contact a member of council or the church if you have any questions.
Please continue to pray for the sick, the vulnerable, and all those in need.
We are currently working on ways to continue our ministry electronically. If you are in need of immediate pastoral care, please contact the church.
(Updated March 18, 2020)
***Necessary Measures at Church Regarding Corona Virus***
The World Health Organization has just named the novel corona virus or COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. We are getting daily updates from Alberta Health and the Government of Canada. This speaks to the intense spread of the virus and the numbers that are overwhelming health services across the globe.
Public health officials have said that every organization and person can play a part in slowing the transmission of the disease and that these efforts could make a big difference.
Fortunately, the risk in Alberta remains low so we will continue to hold services but we do need to take some immediate prudent steps to keep our members as safe as possible.
- If you feel ill, stay home and take care! if you are in a high-risk category, consider staying home. Please let us know and we will be happy to stay in touch by phone or email and also to drop off anything you need if you do not have other assistance.
- Upon entering the building, please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer. Soap and water is best because rubbing our hands together with running water and having the germs run down the drain is best practice.
- Please place your offering in the plate at the back of the church whenever it is convenient for you.
- Communion will be continuous. Please leave space between you and the people in front and behind and check what space the people around you are comfortable with having others being around them.
- The Pastor and the worship assistants will wash their hands before Communion. Please consider using hand sanitizer before you take Communion.
- The common cup will still be offered as port wine and metal provide significant protection, and individual cups are always available and the Bread has always been considered "full communion” as another option.
- We need to avoid handshakes. Sharing the Peace will be done with a "1-meter" greeting and a smile or a bow or other friendly gesture.
We have instituted practices which we hope will allow us to continue our Soup Supper before the Mid-Week Lenten Service and the food will now be served to you. Coffee Time will also be a “served” event.
We will continue to monitor and adapt as we go forward. Thank you for your cooperation.
As our neighbors at St. Augustine’s have said: These changes will feel a little awkward at first, so let’s make these health–actions be like an active prayer for those who are sick, those who are suffering and those who have already died from the corona virus.
SENIOR'S FITNESS CLASS
Please look under the MINISTRIES/ Social Events tab for information on our exciting new Senior's Fitness Classes on Friday afternoons at 1:30 PM or CLICK HERE!
***CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19***
New Parish Worker - Erik Osness
A new parish worker was installed at Hope Lutheran Church on Sunday, January 19th. He comes to Hope with a background in summer camp ministries, training at CLBI, a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies, MA in Biblical and Christian Studies, and various parish work at Lutheran congregations in the general Edmonton area.
Erik is here to help in a variety of ways. Some of them include:
Hope Lutheran Church
Edmonton, AB T6A 1G2
Worship Service: 10:30 AM, Sunday
(click on Ministries of Hope for more info)
Parking: We have a small parking lot in the back of the church. On Sundays, parking is also available on the street, in the parking lot on the east of Capilano Rd., and at Edmonton South Seventh-Day Adventist Church down St. Gabriel School Rd.
Our Mission Statement
We are people bonded together in the Spirit of Christ. Recognizing by faith the gifts of grace in ourselves and our community, together we work, under the example of Christ, as understood by the Lutheran teachings and traditions, to nurture the development of these gifts for service to the church and the world. As the Spirit of Christ encourages us to be the people of God in this place, we encourage each other.
Connect with us on Facebook
Our group is called "Hope Lutheran Church Edmonton"
"...so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."
I John 1:30
The content of this site is Copyright © 2018 Hope Lutheran Church. All Rights Reserved.